The Vice President of Development is a member of the Intercollegiate Studies Institute Executive team. She/he is responsible for securing ISI’s annual budgeted income and implementing the strategic vision to increase annual revenue as the organization scales its impact. The Vice President manages ISI’s development team of 5 and is responsible for establishing and implementing measurable annual fundraising goals, objectives, and priorities.
ISI will also consider hiring a less
senior candidate into a Director of Development role in lieu of filling the VP,
Development opening. Responsibilities will be adjusted accordingly.
- Lead the Development team to exceed ISI’s annual budgeted
income (currently $6 million).
- Manage a caseload of ISI’s top 6 and 7 figure donors
and prospects through personal visits, telephone calls, and correspondence
in a way that inspires donors to renew and increase their support.
- Work with the Development team to design and implement
strategies for growing major gift, direct mail and online fundraising
focused on identifying high dollar prospects and increasing their
- Develop and drive group fundraising strategies for
major six and seven figure gifts involving the solicitor and Executive
team as appropriate.
- Design, coordinate and implement strategies that
enhance the Development team’s competency and continued professional growth.
- Work with the Director of Events to develop overall
cultivation strategies utilizing regional events to assist the
solicitation team in reaching annual goals.
- Work with the ISI Executive team to maximize internal
and external organization effectiveness.
Experience: 5-8 years of increasing responsibility in sales, marketing, or fundraising preferred
· Exceptional communication skills in writing and speaking
· Understand and embrace the ISI mission and vision to educate future leaders
· Excellentinterpersonal skills
· Ability to lead a team and drive group fundraising efforts
· Expert knowledge of fundraising and planned giving
· Ability to travel extensively
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
· Cover letter detailing your interest in the mission of the organization and your
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is
assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank
all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able
to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.