Centre for Civil Society is an independent public policy think tank based in New Delhi working on research, advocacy and outreach on critical public policy issues that affect India. The Centre has won many awards for its work in the field of policy reform. Most recently, we were ranked 51st globally in a study conducted by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program at the University of Pennsylvania.
CCS has seen significant growth in the last decade. Our staffing strength has increased as a result of our vision to create greater impact in the space of education and livelihood. As part of our continued expansion plans, we aim to take our revenue base to 5 million dollars over the next five years. CCS offers challenging opportunities to work in a unique, high-energy and vibrant work environment.
The Development Team at CCS manages external outreach, fundraising, and public relations activities to sustain and enhance the institutional mission of the Centre. The Development Team coordinates and participates in strategic development planning and activities for senior management and project teams.
We are currently seeking a committed and passionate Sr Manager for Public Relations who thrives on being the storyteller and building relationships with journalists, bloggers and policy influencers to generate greater awareness about our work while supporting our efforts to grow our brand.
Media Relations and Outreach
- Developing and implementing CCS’ public relations outreach
- Press outreach for education events
- Identify new media partners and associations
- Liaise with PR agencies to deliver press news
- Draft press releases and formulate campaigns
- Maintain press release schedule for designated programming including writing, routing, distributing
- Manage the media database
- Pitch, coordinate and accompany staff on interviews
- Serve as a liaison for social media
- Working with colleagues to coordinate documentation of projects needed for press
- Coordinate panel placement on television media
- Increase presence on print media through op-eds, interviews, case-studies and quotes
- Identify story opportunities, develop potential story ideas and communication projects in order to enhance the image of CCS and its campaigns with media and the general public;
- Writing pitches and releases, conducting outreach and follow-up
- Create necessary materials to publicize programming
- Assist with communications for events and programs;
- Oversee press at designated events throughout the year
- Represent organization at its events and external events.
- Respond to press requests for photos, press kits related to designated programming.
- Coordinate press interviews with team members as they relate to publicity for designated programming
- Update photo gallery for designated events through the season.
- Coordinate with teams for attending to press at events
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent in journalism, communications or public relations;
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in PR, a press office, agency or other media relations environment;
- Proven track record in campaign-based PR and branding and experience in working in an international environment as well as coordination of rollouts across the country.
- Be an excellent writer and communicator
- Have diverse storytelling technique background
- Show confidence and diplomacy, determination, creativity, grace under pressure and a collaborative spirit
- Demonstrate success in conducting outreach and developing relationships with press and bloggers (extra points for advertising/marketing trade press and influencers)
- Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of communications, PR, and public education;
- Knowledge of and skill in word processing, data entry and analysis, as well as demonstrated computer aptitude and experience.
- Strong skills in MS Word and PowerPoint; and
- Skill in designing different kinds of communications collaterals, including policy briefs, marketing materials, program descriptions, proposals and funding applications, and presentations.
- Articulate in written and spoken expression;
- Passionate about education;
- Liberal bent of mind;
- Great team player;
- Ability to generate goodwill with working partners; and
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines.
CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepares to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in CCS headquarters in Delhi. Frequent travel around India with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and a resume with two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job code in the subject line while applying. Applications received without appropriate job code will not be considered.
Last date to receive applications: 30 September 2013