The Ayn Rand Institute (ARI) is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to work in our Irvine, California, office. This is an immediately available position reporting to the Curriculum Development Manager.
The Research Assistant is responsible for supporting ARI’s instructors and course developers in creating courses for ARI’s education programs. Major responsibilities include:
- Proposing written content for instructors’ review and assist with converting existing written content into presentation format.
- Locating intellectual content by conducting online and traditional research as requested by instructors.
- Providing assistance with fact-checking and locating bibliographic references.
- Coordinating with other ARI programs and maintaining up-to-date records of ARI’s intellectual content assets that are cleared for use in ARI’s courses.
- Helping instructors with tracking to ensure all pieces of course content are prepared on deadline.
- Providing administrative and research support to instructors, education program staff and cross-divisional programs.
The ideal candidate will have completed coursework, or be a student in good standing, at the Objectivist Academic Center. A solid understanding of Objectivism and ability to communicate that knowledge in writing and speaking is preferred. Education background and experience in scholarly research is preferred.
Required skills/proven experience include: Strong research skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage large quantities of information. Also necessary are the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking; competence in using Microsoft Office suite; and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Candidate must have the ability to multitask and be comfortable switching between immediate and long-range projects. Candidate must be interested in continuing ongoing education in Objectivism and related fields. Local candidates or those who can begin working immediately possessing all the required and preferred experience, knowledge, and skills are favored.