i360 is seeking a Junior Political Analyst to join its analytics team, which is driven by data and measurement. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in quantitative analysis, developing field experiments and/or targeting analysis in political or issue campaigns. This person would be looking to leverage that experience to make a difference in economic freedom. The Junior Analyst works under the guidance of Senior Analysts. i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting on the leading edge of politics, technology, and business and we are seeking team members who are as excited about our cause as they are about building the next generation of political technology.
- Using solid data analysis to inform strategy decisions
- Working with internal and external customers to instill a culture of measurement and accountability
- Providing timely and relevant political analysis to customers
- Creating appealing data visualizations which convey relevant and accurate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Locating opportunities for testing and experimentation and overseeing the resulting analysis
- Forecasting and measuring turnout, outcomes and impact of interventions in ongoing elections
- Creating relevant productivity benchmarks
- Writing white papers and after-action reports documenting lessons learned through field experiments
- Working on specialized research projects as requested
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative subject (finance, computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.) or a social science subject with a quantitative focus
- Significant experience post-college working with data will be accepted in lieu of quantitative coursework
- Demonstrated interest in the political landscape
- Demonstrated data analysis and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly in a face-paced environment
- Ability to integrate with large and small cross-specialty teams with individuals of varying levels of expertise
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry
- Experience with Statistical Software like R, Stata, SPSS or SAS are a plus but not required
- Experience with Business Intelligence software is a plus
- Prior campaign experience is a plus
Please apply by submitting an application, including a resume, cover letter, and list of references.
If you are interested in finding out more about i360 before submitting your application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.