The Office Manager and Scheduler is responsible for scheduling and logistical support, and helping with administrative and clerical needs of the office of the Distinguished Fellow. This includes managing the Distinguished Fellow’s schedule, coordinating travel and events, and helping to ensure that entire office is well organized and prepared to carry out its daily tasks.
- Manages the daily and long term schedule and calendar.
- Arranges all transportation needs in Washington and around the country.
- Prepares the briefing materials that support the events and travels.
- Administrative and general support for the Distinguished Fellow.
- Coordinates events/meetings/lunches, etc.
- General office support: sort mail, answer phones, filing, and maintains contact lists
- Miscellaneous errands as needed.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Coordinate schedule with other staff.
Six or more years of administrative experience required. Executive branch or legislative branch experience as scheduler preferred.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- Strong information technology skills including internet, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and other scheduling and planning software; typing and word processing skills; database experience helpful.
- Intelligent, hardworking, energetic individual with high productivity and results and task oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to listen, take direction and work with others.
- Organized, able to multi-task, focus, and able to perform tasks quickly and accurately.
- Discretion and sound judgment.