Litigator: Liberty Justice Center/Illinois Policy Institute, Chicago, IL
Liberty Justice Center litigators are on the forefront of the fight for liberty in Illinois. LJC was founded as part of the Illinois Policy Institute in 2011 and pursues cases that advance liberty and defend rights secured under the United States and Illinois Constitutions. We file lawsuits against governments and government officials that abuse or exceed their legal authority, primarily in the areas of individual rights, economic liberty and property rights.
Successful applicants will possess the following attributes:
- 3-5 years of litigation experience, including motion practice and all phases of discovery
- Trial and/or hearing experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong work ethic and the drive and willingness to put in the work to get the job done
- Solid commitment to classical liberal principles, including individual liberty, limited government and the free-market
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter – The cover letter must include a statement that details your litigation experience, constitutional philosophy and how you have pursued your commitment to advancing liberty principles. The letter must also include your salary expectations and a description of your personal qualities that will allow you flourish in a public interest law environment.
- Three legal writing samples
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, executive director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.
For More Information