The Institute for Humane Studies is seeking an IT Project Manager. Our highly visible IT Department works in an agile environment to create great content and data driven websites. This is a Full Time position.
The IT Project Manager will work with our end users to create specifications and drive projects to completion. We utilize a combination of in-house and outside contractors to create our quality products. You must have experience in basic SQL and programming (PHP or HTML5 preferred) to handle small projects, immediate fixes, and code reviews.
Although your technical skills are important, your ability to work in a team environment and with end users will be critical. We are focused on delivering outstanding customer service, being entrepreneurial, and strive for continual innovation and excellence.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Drive projects to completion working with diverse users and programmers.
- Work with in-house and contract developers to ensure on-time and quality development.
- Provide regular progress updates both directly to end users and in our Project Management software.
Skills That Are Expected:
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Agile software development building dynamic Websites and Internet-based applications in PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with Open Source Content Management System frameworks like Drupal and WordPress in PHP and MySQL.
- Solid understanding of HTML5 / XHTML / CSS.
- Familiarity with Unix administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong end user/customer focus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. In addition, IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100 percent of the health insurance premium and tax-free reimbursement of all deductible expenses, and paying 100 percent of the dental insurance premium). IHS also provides all employees with flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and one free course per semester at George Mason University (GMU).
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) founded in 1961, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization based at GMU that promotes the study of economic and individual freedom across a broad range of academic and professional disciplines. IHS is located in Arlington, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C., at the Ballston metro stop (on the Orange Line). IHS is a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional and personal growth.