The Mercatus Center at George Mason University seeks an Executive Assistant to provide first-rate support to the Executive Director and the General Director.
- Prioritizing with the Executive Director and coordinating with a diverse group of internal and external contacts to strategically administer calendar and point-to-point travel;
- Vetting expenses, drafting correspondence, and preparing related paperwork;
- Preparing for meetings and presentations including creating keynote presentations and other materials;
- Serving as a resource for general duties that support the Executive Director, General Director, management team and organization overall;
- Assisting the Executive Director and General Director with special projects; and
- Identifying and taking on tasks so the Executive Director is able to devote his time to the highest value activities.
Successful Candidates Will Have:
Strong customer service orientation, an entrepreneurial spirit, and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and editing;
- Professionalism and the ability to handle sensitive materials with discretion;
- Three or more years of experience with executive support in a fast-paced environment;
The ability to manage and complete several projects simultaneously within deadline;
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, Outlook, and university libraries and databases;
- An interest in economics, public policy and the Mercatus Center’s mission.
The Mercatus Center provides exceptional benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit, and one free course per semester at George Mason University.
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF file titled [ApplicantName].pdf.
- Cover letter, which must include your philosophical interest in the mission of the Mercatus Center.
- 500-word writing sample on any topic.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University:
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to generate knowledge and understanding of the institutions that affect the freedom to prosper and to find sustainable solutions that overcome the barriers preventing individuals from living free, prosperous, and peaceful lives. Founded in 1980, the Mercatus Center is located on George Mason University’s Arlington campus.