The Donor Relations Coordinator position at the Foundation for Economic Education will work closely with the Director of Development on all of FEE’s development activities. Having just gone through a strategic planning and re-branding process, FEE is at an exciting time for growth. We are planning to nearly double our reach to students in 2013, and the student demand is only increasing. Therefore, it is critical that FEE continue to expand its development operations in order to maintain the level of support needed for continual growth.
FEE is also now implementing a new, aggressive fundraising and development plan that will allow FEE to nearly double its budget in the next 5-6 years. To assist with this process, we are seeking a new member to join FEE’s development team who can bring experience in fundraising from similar organizations and has an intellectual curiosity for the development process that they can use to continue to help improve and grow FEE’s development efforts.
This role provides a unique opportunity, as this new individual would gain experience in every aspect of development, not just administrative work. The role will also be managed in an entrepreneurial way, enabling the individual to test new ideas and contribute to the overall development planning process.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Experience with the pro-liberty movement in some capacity
- Willingness to relocate to Atlanta, GA (if not already living in the Atlanta area)
- 1-2 years of fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong persuasive writing skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial personality and strong analytic skills
- Strong self-motivation, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work well under pressure and with short deadlines
- An understanding of the importance to provide behind-the-scenes resources and support for senior staff in preparation for meetings and/or events
- A firm commitment to the principles of liberty and economic freedom
- Willingness to travel on a limited basis
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of individual and foundation donors, with an annual fundraising goal
- Managing and updating a regular outreach schedule for existing and prospective foundations
- Conducting individual and foundation research on a regular basis
- Calling donors on a daily basis, thanking them for contributions received
- Assisting in the thank-you and communications process for all donors throughout the year
- Maintaining and tracking regular reports
- Occasional travel for development cultivation
Salary will be commensurate with experience.