The Acton Institute an internationally recognized world class think tank, is growing and recently moved into its new home, the Acton Building located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan (www.michigan.org). We look forward to becoming a part of a new neighborhood and establishing a presence in the community as well; we are situated at the corner of Fulton and Sheldon.
Acton is a non-profit educational organization and our mission is to promote a free society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles, learn more about us at www.acton.org.
Currently, we are seeking a Director of Development to join our talented team and oversee fundraising efforts on behalf of the Acton Institute. This position is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate, and reports to the Executive Director.
As Director of Development you will play a major role overseeing our development operations and ongoing advancement opportunities for the Acton Institute. The Director of Development works closely with our Executive Director to create and implement the fundraising plan for the Acton Institute.
The Director of Development is responsible for the following:
Solicit foundation & corporate grants, and contributions from individuals; Research and identify key donor prospects; Cultivate donors and maintain relationships with current donors; Oversee the planning of our annual dinner and special events; Manage our annual & major appeals and direct mail program; Oversee our database infrastructure; Planning and implementing the advancement calendar & schedule; and Manage & mentor the Development Operations Team.
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- Understanding and appreciation for Acton’s mission.
- 8+ years, professional experience with responsibility and successful results in advancing major donor programs, gifts, and fundraising.
- A proven track record to effectively generate major gifts for a professional non-profit organization.
- Experience and proper decorum interacting with individual donors, foundations and corporate donors.
- Excellent management and leadership capacity.
- Successful relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills; sociable, persuasive communicator with first rate writing and speaking expertise.
- Ability to give effective presentations to achieve desired results.
- Excellent planning and implementation skills, while working in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment.
- Demonstrate customer service and foster a collaborative team player environment at all times.
- Willingness to assist with general development operation responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software is a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
This is a full time salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer a competitive benefit package to full time employees.
Please Apply here