The Development team at CCS supports fund-raising, external outreach and development support activities to sustain and enhance the institutional mission of the Centre. The Development team coordinates and participates in strategic development planning and activities for senior management and project teams.
We are currently seeking a committed and passionate Development/Fundraising Specialist to provide research, resource and lead generation, and project management support to the Director of Development and Communications. The Development/Fundraising Specialist will manage and grow CCS’ relationships with notable persons & organizations with a thrust on fundraising.
- Develop and execute innovative strategies in securing funding from individuals, trusts, foundations and institutions;
- Conduct research on prospects and potential donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations for fundraising through monitoring news and trends in business, philanthropy, and related fields;
- Remain current with events and trends in local, national, and international business, finance, and philanthropy.
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate the growth of CCS network to seek active support from individuals & institutions towards sponsorship and financing of the activities of CCS
- Identify appropriate opportunities and contacts, and initiate meetings and discussions on collaboration.
- Manage relations with philanthropy consulting firms such as GiveIndia, CAF and Dasra;
- Manage CCS’ payroll giving partners and initiate new corporates into partnerships;
- Identify and target potential CSR and corporate grant giving opportunities for CCS;
- Initiate small-ticket fundraising through mailers and online fundraising;
- Manage alumni relations for CCS;
- Organise fundraising events for specific projects and campaigns.
- Manage fundraising data through CRM software for prospect tracking purposes and use database for donor retention and communication;
- Identify and prepare materials for inclusion in communications/proposals to prospects
- Design and develop content for fundraising materials,
- Establish contact and follow up on donor communication maintain relations with current donors, and manage reports to current and potential donors.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of public activities and internal projects, policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Collaborate with different teams at the Centre in the achievement of goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MBA in marketing or sales or CA (preferred) or Post graduate degree in social sciences;
- 5 years experience in a development and fundraising role with a large organization preferably NGO;
- Experience in client servicing or business development in the private sector preferably with a bank or FMCG.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of development, fundraising, philanthropy and CSR;
- Proven experience in applying this knowledge to develop and carry out analysis of different donors, evaluation of the applicability of the Centre’s programs/projects to the guidelines of foundation and other giving programs, and determination of the best means of approaching potential donors;
- Knowledge of and skill in word processing and presentation as well as demonstrated computer aptitude and experience; and
- Strong skills in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Articulate in written and spoken expression;
- Passionate about education;
- Liberal bent of mind with entrepreneurial spirit;
- Great team player;
- Ability to generate goodwill with working partners; and
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines.
CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepares to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in CCS headquarters in Delhi. Frequent travel around India with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and a resume with two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job code in the subject line while applying. Applications received without appropriate job code will not be considered.
Last date to receive applications: 15 March 2013