Location: Los Angeles preferred, Washington DC or telecommuters will be considered.
Reason Foundation, a non-profit, public policy think tank, seeks a talented writer to join the development team. The development writer will work closely with the director of development on the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals, direct mail letters and other supporter communications. Activities will include:
- Performing prospect research on individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Drafting and working with senior development staff to refine written communications to funders.
- Working with individuals throughout the organization to gather information necessary to report to funders, and executing the reporting requirements.
- Maintaining current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assisting with other fundraising projects and events as requested.
Qualified candidates should have a solid understanding of free-market public policy, a strong commitment to Reason’s mission, and excellent writing and organization skills. Experience in writing-intensive positions is a plus. Candidates at all levels of experience will be considered. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, please submit the following materials as a single pdf file to Amy Pelletier at email@example.com:
A cover letter, which should include answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Reason? How do your past experiences or activities demonstrate your interest in Reason’s mission?
- How has your work, volunteer, or educational experience prepared you to perform the duties of this position?
- Writing Samples: one long and one short (can be school assignments or anything demonstrating your writing ability).