The Empire Center for Public Policy, Inc. is the leading free-market, non-partisan, non-profit think tank in New York. Our mission is to make the Empire State a better place to live and work by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
We have an opening for a development manager in our Albany, NY office. This position presents a great opportunity for a self-starter who can be both an independent worker and a team player.
The development manager will work in close collaboration with the executive director and president to expand upon current fundraising efforts and to implement a comprehensive philanthropy operation, with a focus on expanding the overall donor database. Other duties for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Cultivating donor relationships through in-person visits, phone calls and correspondence
- Planning and coordinating donor events and other special events
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals
- Maintaining donor database with current information on all donors and prospects, including gifts
- Performing donor research, including identifying donor prospects
- Overseeing the development and execution of solicitation campaigns, including direct mail
The qualified candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience with individual donor, foundation, and/or corporate development or related area
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, marketing, communications or public policy
- Outstanding communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong organization, high initiative, clear interpersonal skills, eye for detail, creativity, mature judgment, and the ability to produce work on often tight deadlines
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
Interested candidates should send:
- a 500 to 700 word autobiography, including education, work, other activities and how those past experience would contribute to success in this position;
- a current resume and salary requirements;
- two references; and
- a recent writing sample.
The Empire Center pays a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, a generous 401k plan, life insurance and accrued vacation and sick leave.
Complete applications should be emailed to Info@EmpireCenter.org or mailed to:
100 State Street, Suite 600
Albany, NY 12207