The Development intern will be an integral part of the Development team, providing key support to ensure smooth operations within the department. The intern will assist in donor relations and research projects from all aspects of AFP’s issues, both on the national and state level. A fair amount of mailing operations with the Direct Mail team is also required. The candidate should have a commitment to the principles of the organization – specifically, a firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets.
- Assist with donor relations, including oral and written correspondence
- Provide support to key Development staff, including the Donor Relations Officer and Regional Development Officers
- Maintain donor database and input updated data
- Compile reports and materials for events and meetings
- Perform other tasks and special projects to assist development staff as needed
- National Office
- Maintain the front desk, mailing processes, and day-to-day operations with the Administrative Assistant
- Perform telephone and in-person customer service to our grassroots members
- Support staff in assigned project based work
- Personal Growth
- Participate in weekly educational sessions discussing public policy and economic philosophy
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, occasionally under strict deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Integrity, humility and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Database experience beneficial.
- Film and software experience a plus, but not required.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFP Foundation) is a 501(c)(3) organization of citizen leaders committed to educating consumers, business owners, and the general public about the value and operation of an open and market-oriented economy that is free of government interference. Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a 501(c)(4) grassroots organization committed to educating and mobilizing citizen leaders interested in understanding and helping solve America’s most pressing policy problems while championing the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory restraint.
To apply please visit our website: http://americansforprosperity.org/about/afp-and-afp-foundation-employment-opportunities/