The Nevada Policy Research Institute (NPRI) seeks a Development Director to plan, oversee and execute the Institute’s fundraising strategy and activities. The Director of Development will work closely with the Institute’s president, with an emphasis placed on soliciting and securing major gifts. The Director of Development will also lead a development team tasked with the responsibility of meeting and exceeding the Institute’s fundraising goals.
Qualified candidates must have a passionate commitment to fundraising and will have the skills and experience required to meet the Institute’s fundraising objectives and mentor development team members.
NPRI is a nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank that promotes policy ideas consistent with the principles of limited government, individual liberty and free markets. Recognized as the leading free-market voice in Nevada, NPRI’s primary areas of focus are education,fiscal and labor policy, with the goal of advancing free-market principles in each.Additionally, NPRI operates the Center for Justice and Constitutional Litigation, Trans parent Nevada.com and Nevada Journal. NPRI has offices in Las Vegas and Reno. The Development Director will be based in Las Vegas and must be willing to travel to Reno and rural Nevada when necessary.
- Solicit and secure majorgifts from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Oversee all of the developmentdepartment’s activities
- Work with NPRI’sleadership team to build and implement a viable fundraising strategy
- Identify and researchdonor prospects
- Cultivate new donorsand maintain relationships with current donors
- Oversee the planningof annual events, including NPRI’s Anniversary Celebration (in Las Vegas) andSpring Celebration (in Reno)
- Manage the Institute’sdirect-mail program
- Oversee database infrastructure
- Manage and mentordevelopment team members
Anideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 3+ years ofdevelopment/fundraising experience with a history of increasing donor commitments
- A strong passion for raisingfunds to promote the principles of individual rights, free markets and limitedgovernment
- Record of achievementas a skilled, influential manager and leader
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritizeand adjust strategies on an ongoing basis
- Strong writing ability
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive attitudeand eagerness to work as a member of a team
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Résumé with a focus ona candidate’s measurable accomplishments
- Cover letterdetailing:
- Interestin the position, including passionate commitment to the mission of NPRI
- Acompelling case for why the applicant is qualified
- Writingsample. A fundraising-related example is preferred but not required.
Please email résumé and cover letter inWord or PDF format to Victor Joecks at email@example.com send to:
Nevada PolicyResearch Institute
Las Vegas, NV89119
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we areonly able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. NPRI is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
This position will begin as soon as possible.