The Independent Institute is currently seeking an experienced Development professional with a strong commitment to individual liberty to head up its Development Department.
The Development Director has responsibility for establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with donors. Strategies utilized include major gifts, planned giving, annual campaigns, educational events, direct mail and Web-based efforts. As such, the qualified candidate will be a self-motivated, committed professional with successful fund-raising experience to assist us in our continued growth.
For twenty-five years, the Independent Institute has advanced an understanding of free-markets, individual liberty and government reform through its scholarly research and publications. As a 501(c)3 educational nonprofit organization, the Institute receives its funding entirely from private sources and does not conduct research on a contract basis.
Only those candidates meeting the following minimum requirements will be considered:
- Four years of development or fundraising experience at a nonprofit organization
- Personal experience developing relationships with individual donors
- Demonstrated track record in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing successful development programs, including direct mail, special events, annual solicitation, major gifts/planned giving and donor management
- Experience writing appeals for financial gifts, such as direct mail letters, foundation grant requests and personal letters to donors
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Personal commitment to free-market principles and individual liberty
Competitive salary and benefits are provided.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, and b) your current and desired salaries
- List of 3+ references
Materials should be emailed to Claire Kittle, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.