Working under the supervision of the President and with the members of the Board and staff, the Development Director is responsible for planning and managing the Institute’s development and fundraising efforts including annual giving and long-term development campaigns. This shall begin as a part-time position but may increase to a full-time position as the growth of the organization permits.
Private Sector Fundraising
1. Design and implement annual giving effort to acquire, renew, and upgrade Associates
and corporate donors. Works in concert with President and Development Committee to establish annual strategic development goals, identify revenue sources, and write annual development plan.
2. Nurture relationships with Associates, corporate and foundation donors.
3. Identify, initiate and maintain fundraising contacts in the Muslim community to increase visibility and generate revenues.
4. Devise and implement donor recognition for annual, special project, and special event donors.
5. Plan and execute Institute special events, such as the Annual Dinner.
6. Prepare written materials necessary to support the development effort.
7. Plan and provide special incentives for the Associates Program such as material for a special web page on the Institute website.
Foundation and Public Sector Research and Grant Writing
8. Research and cultivate new funding sources for current and proposed programs.
9. Write and/or supervise the writing of grants to foundation and other sources for support of current and/or future Institute programs.
10. Manage grant reporting requirements and necessary follow up for successful grant applications.
11. Guide and assist the board development committee with research and recruitment of board candidates.
12. Recruit, manage and train members of the board and other volunteers for fundraising functions.
13. Assist the Institute President, as directed, in keeping members of the Board and Board Committees updated and engaged in Institute activities.
We seek a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree.
- At least three years of extensive experience with non-profit organizations.
- Proven fundraising ability.
- Strong ties to the Muslim community including potential sources of support.
- Supportive of all aspects of the mission of the Institute.
- Ability to maintain a positive and effective working relationship with Institute and our existing sources of support in both the free market and Muslim communities.
- Experience with managing budgets and handling funds in accordance with regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, especially in English, although fluency in another language of the Muslim world is a plus.
- Computer literacy.
Payment shall be tied to organizational revenues on the premise that the Development Director deserves different degrees of credit for revenues depending on whether they were in excess of our revenues before commissioning a Development Director or whether they were directly raised by him or her.
To inquire click here or call 301-907-0947.
To apply send a letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mails of three reference to the Minaret of Freedom Institute or
Minaret of Freedom Institute
4323 Rosedale Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814