The Independent Institute is currently seeking a Development Associate, who is an energetic and detail-oriented administrator and enthusiastic communicator with a desire to advance our mission to boldly advance peaceful, prosperous, and free societies grounded in a commitment to human worth and dignity. This professional position in our Oakland, CA headquarters reports to the Development Director and assists with the overall fundraising activities of the Institute.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as s/he assists the Development department and the Institute’s management in all aspects of donor outreach, cultivation, and interface. The position is heavily weighted towards administrative assistance including filing, assisting with numerous mailings, database management, etc., and also includes cultivating donor relationships over the phone.
- Administrative support to the development department including the processing of donations, thank you’s, and follow-up materials.
- Maintaining, updating, and reporting from the donor database as needed
- Representing the Institute and cultivating members and interested parties by phone and in person at events.
- Coordinating the annual campaign calendar and related development projects such as newsletters, annual reports, and educational DVDs.
- Working collaboratively in researching current and potential donor/members to help match Institute projects and prospect interests
- Assisting with organizing and holding special events (receptions, fundraising events, etc.)
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships with co-workers and donors.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to achieving results.
- Mastery of Office and Filemaker a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
Qualified candidates should visit our website at http://www.independent.org and submit a copy of their resume, references and salary history to:
Vice President & COO
The Independent Institute
100 Swan Way
Oakland, CA 94621-1428