The Development Assistant provides support to all Spark Freedom fundraising and development activities except donor solicitation. The Development Assistant reports to the Development Director.
Date of Hire: February 26, 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain knowledge of core mission, vision, purpose, and work of Spark Freedom
- Participating member of Spark Freedom team
- Additional duties as assigned
Ownership Tasks (“in charge of”)
- Donation and prospecting data and process implementation
- Foundation data and process implementation
- Donor, funder, prospect efiles, files, and actions up to date
- Familiar with members of individual, VIP, and foundation donor, and prospect lists
- Gain knowledge of network, boards, VIP, prospects, and donor projects and relationships
- Materials production, including in-house printing, outsource print bidding and production management, list provision, accounting, documentation
- Donor get-acquainted calls, if assigned
- Grant document drafting, if interested. Will be trained.
- Data entry (2 databases)
- Database manipulation (find, report, export, edit, maintain)
- Data reporting (compile, format, edit)
- Data analysis, minor
- “To do” communications: set actions, remind, follow up
- Filing, electronic and physical, Development records only
Research (as assigned)
- Donors, foundations, prospects, major donors
- Costing and management, minor
- Set meetings
- Remain aware of donor-related travel schedules
- Proficient written communications, including composition, proofreading, and parsing
- Word processing, including mailmerge (demonstrable beginning skill, ability to progress rapidly to sophisticated use)
- Spreadsheet (demonstrable beginning skill, ability to progress rapidly to sophisticated use)
- Proprietary database systems (ability to progress steadily to sophisticated use) Training will be provided.
- Ability or willingness to use Cloud-based business applications
- Experience in prior fundraising efforts a plus
- Ability to take responsibility for a project
- Attention to detail
- Software fearlessness
- Well organized
- Willingness to collaborate
- Early feedback/problem alerts with remedy recommendations
Office is located in Lancaster, Tennessee. Must have reliable transportation. Six to eight business trips per year are mandatory. Occasional local travel, mileage reimbursed.
Part-time, 3 days per week. Position may develop to full-time career-path within one year.
Fundraising/Development, Administrative, Career
Contact and Application Procedure
Email letter of application with resumé to:
605 Long Branch Rd.
Lancaster, TN 38569
Spark Freedom is a 501 (c) 3 corporation in the state of Tennessee. Spark Freedom offers communications training, advising, and tools to nonprofits around the U.S., especially to free-market state-level policy organizations.