The Copywriter is responsible for driving the policy discussion on key issues with creative and provocative copy that establishes Heritage as the most influential public policy organization in America.
- Provide compelling copy and ideas for all media—digital, broadcast, and print—as well as branding campaigns and marketing materials (e-books, brochures, landing pages).
- Craft messages for The Foundry, Heritage’s Morning Bell daily email newsletter, and other issue-specific email campaigns.
- Write copy for Heritage’s social media platforms, recognizing the unique characteristics of each audience.
- Develop concepts and produce copy for advertising campaigns that inspire and mobilize people to support our policy goals.
- Produce video scripts that frame and shape policy debates.
- Draft copy that generates revenue for Shop Heritage e-commerce website.
- Collaborate with Creative team to develop copy and concepts for integrated campaigns or standalone pieces of work that are innovative and targeted for appropriate audience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6-8 years of advertising or copywriting experience.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives. An articulate advocate of Heritage’s vision and mission.
- Desire to sell ideas with passion.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize them, and deliver first-rate work.