A Center for Shared Service’s client, an independent 501(c)(4) grassroots organization, is looking for a Communications Specialist. The client’s objective is to educate and motivate a previously untapped demographic in support of the ultimate goal of active and long-term support for policies that embrace and promote fiscally conservative principles. This message will be spread through a variety of media to both the target demographic and a wider audience.
- Manage the relationships with TV and radio personalities, news directors, producers, and bookers, as well as bloggers.
- Assist Communications team with fact finding and checking.
- Monitor daily news clips on key issues with goal of pulling out facts to be used in blogs and social media.
- Monitor & develop relationships with national & regional bloggers with an emphasis on military reporters.
- Develop infographics, digital images and photo stories to enhance organization’s publications and products.
- Assist Policy Team with editing, research and writing needs including blogs and op-eds.
- Push and pitch stories.
- Keep pulse on military news and create press talking points.
- Contribute to overall communications strategy.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field is preferred
- 6-8 years’ experience in communications, media, and/or public relations is preferred
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and committed to excellence
- Familiar with mainstream and new media source outlets both nationally and locally
- Ability to compile media clips, post content through social media outlets and assist with pitching to media
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with sometimes changing priorities
- An understanding of free market principles and a passion for advancing the mission of the organization is required