The Communications Manager is responsible for coordination and implementation of communications projects related to The Philanthropy Roundtable’s public policy initiatives and the Alliance for Charitable Reform. The Communications Manager will assist the Director of Communications and the Senior Vice President for Public Policy on a range of communications and public policy projects.
The Communications Manager will ensure that the communications operations of the public policy department of The Philanthropy Roundtable run smoothly and that deadlines are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Communications (75% of time)
- Take the lead in drafting our bi-weekly newsletter and managing the list of recipients
- Take the lead in drafting marketing materials for events such as the ACR Summit for Leaders, the annual meeting, lobby days, etc.
- Track and catalogue media stories in both trade and national publications and alert internal staff of stories of note
- Assist with press efforts, including earned and paid media
- Assist in drafting blog postings
- Work on video projects for our website and blog
- Spearhead our social media interactions
- Update and maintain the ACR website and other electronic tools
- Assist in editing all written communications including letters, grant proposals, monographs, and other publications
Administrative (25% of time)
- Help track and follow state legislation important to philanthropy
- Research public policy topics as needed for communications and other projects
- Assist with planning events such as the ACR Summit for Leaders, the annual meeting, lobby days, etc.
- Design and order products for meetings and help compile meeting materials
- Assist with all support for events related to public policy
- Create and maintain mailing and marketing lists for Roundtable monographs and other publications
- Develop and create packets of materials for use with donors and other audiences
- Monitor progress of various projects and report back to the senior vice president via weekly or other progress reporting and by organizing and managing status meetings
- Assist with maintenance of travel and other calendars and provide basic support to the Director of Communications and the Senior Vice President for Public Policy
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree: BA/BS
- Experience: 1-2 years
- Communications: Mastery of English language and composition, proficiency in writing for communications projects, knowledge of social media tools, ability to multi- task, willingness to take initiative as needed
- Computers: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), experience or interest in video editing software, experience with public campaign communications tools
- Understanding of and support for The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and values
- Ability to collaborate well with all staff members to complete projects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects at once
- High standard of integrity
- Characteristics of confidence, cheerfulness, and professionalism
A cover letter, resume, and 3 writing samples can be sent to email@example.com.