Welcome AFF User!
Would you like to receive monthly email updates
with personalized jobs and opportunities?
Sign in or create an account
- Work with national management, messaging/research consultants and
field staff to develop and tailor traditional and new media plans for
the organization’s efforts.
- Serve as designated national spokesperson and monitor responses by other staff members or representatives, when necessary.
- Conceive and execute earned media opportunities that leverage and support concurrent grassroots development activities.
- In conjunction with national management, innovate and execute new
approaches for traditional and new media-based outreach to the target
- Ensure messaging and talking points used by grassroots outreach
staff, leadership, and surrogates are consistent and up-to-date.
- Manage development of content as required for press releases, email
campaigns, robocall scripts, op-eds, blog posts, and social media
- Oversee identification and recruitment of new surrogates for local, national, and paid media efforts.
- Oversee education, briefing, and vetting of all surrogates, and personally handle national-level surrogates.
- Monitor and direct deployment of surrogates in local media markets, both in rapid response and in arranged capacities.
- Oversee logistics, in conjunction with grassroots staff, for media
outreach and communication efforts, including event setup and
management, surrogate deployment, publicity, and budget management.
- Manage event sequence, development, publicity, and execution nation-wide.
- Develop and oversee, along with field teams and leadership,
grassroots rapid response capability for news articles, blog posts,
radio shows, etc.
- Oversee social media initiatives, such as tele-townhalls and video competitions, as required by national management.
- In follow-on phases, oversee efforts by forward-deployed
communications coordinators, including development and maintenance of
press lists for public outreach, research into and targeting of local
critical media nodes in both traditional and new media, and monitoring
local outlets for content of use or of interest to the overall
Communications, Full-Time, Mid-Career.