American Enterprise Institute (AEI) internships provide students with an opportunity to work with some of America’s most renowned scholars, economists, political scientists, and foreign policy specialists conducting research on today’s prominent public policy questions.
Approximately forty-five internship opportunities are available in the fall, winter, and summer. Our internships can be categorized in the following overarching areas: economic policy, foreign and defense policy, social and political studies, public relations, The American online magazine, publications editing, marketing, government relations, and communications. Internship opportunities are available to undergraduates, graduate students, and postgraduates. Our internships are unpaid and the hours and days are flexible.
We achieve this through . . .
- Pairing each intern with a scholar or business director whose area of expertise coincides with the intern’s interests;
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch prepared by AEI’s own in-house gourmet chef, served in our dining room;
- Conferences and lectures hosted by AEI which feature the top experts on the most up to date issues–interns are encouraged to attend all our events free of charge;
- A series of policy lectures from scholars and career talks from business directors for the interns each term;
- Frequent Intern Happenings which provide an informal environment for interns to interact with scholars, staff and other interns;
- A formal Intern Dinner hosted every semester to honor the interns for their hard work;
- Participation in tours to such places of interest in the D.C. area as the Pentagon, Capitol Building, White House, and State Department.
AEI’s internship program has repeatedly been included in the Princeton Review, Vault Guide to Internships, and the Random House Guide to Internships as one of the top 100 internships in the country.
For your protection, your online application is processed through a secure website. Click here for more information and to apply.