We are currently seeking candidates to fill an Administrative Assistant position.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing administrative support to the staff and performing reception, facility maintenance, and data management duties.
The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Receptionist duties: greeting public, referring them to appropriate staff members; answering phone, routing calls, and taking messages.
- Assisting staff with administrative duties, including but not limited to travel arrangements and document creation.
- Maintaining and/or modifying data.
- Compiling statistical reports and information as requested.
- Maintaining a procurement and inventory system.
- Distributing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail including bulk mail.
- Maintaining office equipment and general office upkeep, inside and outside, to ensure SMI has a productive work environment.
- Engaging vendors as approved by management and monitoring their performance.
- Typing word process documents as needed.
- Updating and maintaining files and various mailing lists.
- Produce mailing labels and reports as requested.
- Assisting with event planning and execution.
- Such other tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant role:
- B.A. or B.S. degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office environment.
- Experience with databases and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Outgoing, friendly personality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to multitask and work proactively with moderate guidance.
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor.
- Understand and embrace the Institute’s mission and policy objectives.
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing a cover letter (including philosophical commitment to the mission of the Show-Me Institute and salary requirements), resume, and a writing sample to Brenda Talent at Brenda.Talent@showmeinstitute.org. Applications may also be mailed to:
4512 W. Pine Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63108
Please, no phone calls.