The Heritage Foundation‘s mission is “to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.” Based on those principles, the main objectives of the Foundation’s Division of Foreign and Defense Policy Studies are to formulate and promote proposals for conservative and effective U.S. foreign, defense, homeland, and trade policies. Within the Division, the Asian Studies Center focuses on the Asia-Pacific region. Consistent with the mission and objectives, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative, clerical and program support for the ASC staff.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to ASC staff, including scheduling, booking travel arrangements, preparing activity and expense reports, procuring office supplies, maintaining department files, databases, and contact lists, routing correspondence, handling all aspects of organizing events and meetings, and carrying out special projects.
- Provide research support to ASC staff and write materials for ASC Director review, including periodic newsletter, social media items, and correspondence.
- Assist ASC Director in managing interns.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ASC Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Understands and supports the Heritage mission.
- Possesses excellent organizational, planning, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Asia and Asia policy issues.
- Exercises initiative, within mission and established policies, to achieve assigned objectives.