CCS is devising a program that aims to enhance access to quality training and meaningful employment for marginalized youth by providing them with vouchers that will serve as a financial instrument that enables them to obtain training from any institute accredited by CCS. Towards this, CCS will empanel various ministries, training institutes, corporates and non-profits through an online portal. The ministries and non-profits will play the role of creating awareness, distributing vouchers and directing youth to the appropriate institutes and corporates. Once the candidate completes the training, gets certified under the NCVT curriculum and is successfully placed, training institutes can redeem the vouchers for cash from the government.
After several successful campaigns and pilot projects, CCS is recognized as an expert in both voucher design and implementation. As a result, CCS was approached by NSDC to develop the Skill Voucher Pilot. This program will be the first to introduce vouchers for skill development in India, which is a proven model in other countries around the world. The vouchers will significantly increase the amount of candidates who have access to high quality training, and since students have a choice, it will increase the quality of vocational training overall. Once assessed and certified, youth are able to find wage-based employment through their employment exchange portal.
Centre for Civil Society seeks an experienced vocational training project manager to help design, incubate and implement the skills training voucher pilot.
The manager for the Skills/Vocational Training Voucher Pilot Project will be responsible for developing a strong business plan for the project, pitching to investors for investment, coordinating with National Skills Development Council and technical training institutes, designing and executing the voucher pilot, managing training and capacity building activities for government partners.
- Overall management of the skill voucher pilot including implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
- Recruiting and coordinating field staff at pilot site;
- Interacting with senior state and district level government officials, private and government skills training institutes, and communities where project is situated;
- Managing relations with a number of different academics, researchers and consultants;
- Organising and managing field visits by national and international researchers, policy makers, activists and CCS supporters;
- Representing the program at various regional and national forums.
Qualifications and Experience:
Formal training and experience
- Master’s degree with demonstrated expertise in the field of vocational training.
- Professional experience in technical and vocational education and training;
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in project management activities at the state or the national level covering business plan writing, program design and planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, particularly of research oriented field projects;
- Orientation to educational policies and policy reforms across India, understanding of best practices in vocational training implementation;
- Prior experience of working/supervising large field projects;
- Experience providing capacity building support to government counterparts;
- Prior exposure to conducting research, data compilation and analysis
- Prior experience of collaborating with national authorities, NGO’s, various academic educational institutions;
- Track record of implementing innovative ideas and schemes in day to day working; and
- Experience building and leading project teams.
- High degree of comfort with financial management, coordination with various stakeholders and in working with government counterparts; and
- Outstanding strategic planning and management skills;
- Good PR and advocacy skills: government liasoning, community relations and interacting with researchers;
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal capabilities;
- Superior English and Hindi communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepares to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, CV, and two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job code in the subject line while applying. Applicaitons received without appropriate job code will not be considered.
Last date to receive applications: 15 March 2013