This March, YAL chapters nationwide will work together to protest the endless and costly wars which our government has waged for more than half the time we’ve been alive. We’re a generation which has grown up with war, and we’re ready to end it.
The Generation of War activism project will take place during the week of March 18 to 22, which includes the tenth anniversary of the invasion of Iraq (March 20, 2003). This activism event will highlight the tremendous cost in lives, liberties, and dollars of America’s numerous wars and foreign interventions.
YAL National will provide you activism ideas and resources on this page to make your Generation of War event successful—along witha chance to win up to $500 for your chapter for participating.
Your six goals for this project are:
- Get your chapter excited to participate in an important, foreign-policy focused activism project.
- Decide how you’ll protest and educate your campus within the Generation of War theme.
- Apply to participate in the activism contest and receive the personalized support and resources you’ll need to make a big splash on campus.
- Host a great event, educating your classmates and growing your sign-up list.
- Document your event with pictures, video, and a post on the YAL blog to be entered in the activism contest. Be sure to include the number of new sign-ups you got and the turn-out count for your event or you won’t be eligible to win!
- Upload your new sign-ups to your chapter page here at www.YALiberty.org.
More info here