How to Break into Journalism: What it Takes to Make it in Print, Online, and Television Journalism
Do you have what it takes to make it as a journalist? If you’re interested in a journalism career, join the IHS journalism program director to learn what you need to know and how to make your next move.
Wednesday: January, 23, 7:00-8:00 PM EST
Speaker: John Elliott, Journalism Program Director, Institute for Humane Studies
Topics will include:
- How to decide whether or not to pursue journalism (career prospects, expected pay, lifestyle, and skills needed)
- Different journalism tracks: print, online, television, and new media
- How to work, study, and prepare for a journalism career (the best majors, internships, publications to follow)
- Journalism career resources available through IHS, including paid internships
- How to advance liberty as a journalist
Following the presentation, you will have the opportunity to ask questions of the presenter. Walk away with new perspective and insight about how to build a successful career that fits you.