We will be inviting parents and kids to an ice cream social to celebrate Celebrating Milton Friedman and Educational Freedom
Before and after the program, we will be showing our school choice videos:
- Texans Speak Out: It’s Time for School Choice in Texas - http://youtu.be/E4KSqYnHGe4
- Reverend Kyev Tatum on School Choice in Texas - http://youtu.be/KcLmf6Mz9dA
- Marilyn Jackson: It’s Time for School Choice in Texas - http://youtu.be/jwSu0WKg23E
- Stacy Ford: The public school system is failing my daughter - http://youtu.be/aRfMwQzT_00
- Retired Texas Schoolteacher Colleen Vera Explains Why Texas Needs School Choice -http://youtu.be/BUunkmnToB4
We will have several pro-school choice legislators there to speak and kids will present them with a “thank you for voting for kids” plaque; we will have a plaque for every legislator who voted for school choice this session and will take a photo of a child holding that plaque and post them on the legislators’ Facebook pages and tweet them. And the event will be covered by On Point Broadcasting and shown on that Internet network. We will be promoting the program before the event so those who cannot attend can watch the program. We will provide news clips to TV stations and shows.
We will also have one of individuals featured in our school choice videos there to talk about why school choice is important to them.
Objective: The objective is two-fold: to remind parents and citizens that parents are not in charge of their children’s education; and to honor those legislators who were willing to buck the education establishment and vote for school choice.
Event Type: Ice Cream Social
Date/Time: 2:30 pm on July 31, 2013
The Acton Center
1404 East Riverdale Drive