The Mercatus Center at George Mason University, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, and Third Way invite you to attend a forum on the findings of the 2013 Social Security Trustees Report and the future of the Social Security program.
The event will feature a presentation from Social Security Public Trustee and Mercatus Center at George Mason University senior research fellow Charles Blahous, as well as a bipartisan panel moderated by CNNMoney’s Jeanne Sahadi.
Prior to the event, we invite you to join us for a continental breakfast, where you will be able to try your own hand at improving Social Security’s finances through a preview of CRFB’s “The Reformer: An Interactive Tool to Fix Social Security.”
8:00 a.m. Breakfast and “Reformer” Interactive Tool Preview
8:30 a.m. Decoding the 2013 Trustees Report
Charles Blahous, Social Security Public Trustee; Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center
9:00 a.m. Panel: What’s Next for Social Security?
- Charles Blahous, Social Security Public Trustee; Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center
- Jim Kessler, Senior Vice President for Policy,Third Way
- Virginia Reno, Vice President for Income Security, National Academy for Social Insurance
- Nick Troiano, Co-founder, The Can Kicks Back
- Moderator: Jeanne Sahadi, CNNMoney
Space is limited. Breakfast will be served.
Tweeting? Use #SocialSecurityReform and follow @Mercatus, @BudgetHawks, and @ThirdWayEcon.