We invite all students interested in the ideas of liberty to participate at the 2013 International Summer School Classical Liberalism in Philosophy, Economics and Politics organized jointly by the CEVRO Institute [school of legal and social studies] and Ohio University.
We expect over 30 U.S. and European undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of their major, who are interested in broadening and deepening their knowledge of classical liberalism and the fundamentals of the free market. Sessions and debates will focus on topics covering political philosophy, history, economics, and economic policy such as:
- A Brief History of Classical Liberal Economic Thought
- The Origins of American Economic Exceptionalism
- The Debacle of Current European Policies
- Classical Liberalism and the Austrian School of Economics
- Justice and Inequality
- Politicization of Science
- Richard Veder, Ohio University
- Mark LeBar, Ohio University
- Josef Šíma, CEVRO Institute [school of legal and social studies]
- Dan Šťastný, University of Economics, Prague
- Radovan Ďurana, Institute of Economic and Social Studies (INESS), Slovakia
Conference fee for US students is $1000 (includes housing, airfare, and a daily food allowance).
Application form with instructions here.
Conference fee for European, Czech and Slovak students covering all sessions and coffee breaks is 1.500 CZK/EUR 50.
(Students of CEVRO Institute do not pay the fee and can get credits for attending the summer school.)
For more information, registration and assistance please contact:
US students: Anthony Hennen firstname.lastname@example.org
European students: Josef Šíma (email@example.com; +420-777 069 323)