Announcing…the 2013 International Liberty Conference in Lausanne!
Libertarians have answers to everything. Or do they? Every morning of this four-day conference, speakers will interact with participants to tackle the real tough questions:
- What to do with criminals?
- Jail them, and pass on the cost to honest people?
- Forced labour? Restorative justice? Let’s hear the arguments.
- What about our body, and maintaining it in good health?
- Can we trust pharmaceutical companies, without a state regulator?
- Who will take care of poor patients?
- And what about selling organs, genetic enhancements, assisted suicides, cloning, and other deep moral issues?
- Is super democratic Switzerland a model for all nations?
- Shouldn’t a developing country rather imitate Singapore – authoritarian, maybe, but look at the growth rates.
- Or is anarchy the only universal and present answer?
- And finally, banking. It would be impossible not to address the subject in Switzerland, while the financial crisis drags on.
- Is fractional reserve banking fraudulent?
- Would not a pure gold standard stifle much needed investment growth? Is free banking practical? Are there alternatives?
We will cover a broad range of other issues in the afternoon sessions. That’s when speakers will present their latest research at the cutting edge of libertarian ideas.
And there will be ample time for you, our audience, to take part. Join in the open discussions that will take place every day.
(the conference starts on Thursday the 22nd morning – arrive the evening before, and let’s get together for drinks and eats)